Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Empty Walls



What would you do in case of another world war? Do you think you would have the guts to survive? I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t, I don’t think I could kill a human being even if my life (or those of my cherished ones) was on the line. Hell I can’t even kill a cockroach and I’m practically terrified of them ( so bad that I live in a hot climate and they’re like a plague).


Okay, maybe today I sound a little off but I have this thought invading my mind all of the time now. It’s just that every time I see the news I wonder how much time is going to pass before we send everything to hell and start World War 3 (doesn’t it sound like the name of a video game?). What scares me the most is the possibility of Bacteriological war, I imagine world population being infected by some shitty virus turning us into big hungry zombies (okay I watch to many Zombie movies), just in case I have near me at all times my Zombie Survival Guide in flash cards (thanks to Max Brooks and Mr. Cute Engineer for providing me with this).

By now you must think I completely lost it, bust just try to imagine. If, by any chance, we manage to not kill ourselves, wouldn’t it be possible that Mother Nature tried to take revenge for all the abuse we put her through? I’m happy to say that most likely I would survive that, not because I’m respectful (that I am) but because Roland Emmerich tend to save most countries with warmer climates (it's a shame taht for maybe half the population of the world the irony is clearly lost), and a guy who makes is living with disaster movies can’t be wrong.

And what if the animals where the ones to rebel against the human being? Would dolphins leave the sea just to torture us? (yeah,yeah I’m a fan of The Simpsons too).

Don’t even get me started on computers, because I’ve seen The Matrix too (all three of them, I think they should have stopped with the first).

It’s clear enough for those reading that I’m into science fiction, that I love horror movies and books and that I’m a huge fan of The Simpsons, well that was not the point. What I hope reaches your heads is that all of this things could really happen (well maybe except for the dolphins) and it’s really time to take action. Maybe a good course of action (though a little bit paranoid) would be start buying land and start building bunkers, amass all the food and water you can and just wait for the end of times!!. Well I’m sure I will not see it but one way or another it’s going to happen.

This is reason number two for me not wanting kids, what a fucked up world we are going to leave them . You wan to hear reason one? Well, maybe another day.

4 comments:

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

Catastrophic freakism seems to be today..
What scares me most is that i believe i could survive a zombie attack, and worst of all is i probably enjoy it. It's insane, i know..

As i am some kind of pessimist i've always thought that i'm going to live a war, seems like it's too far since last war in our region and i don't think eternal peace is possible, so i have my little plan for the moment: i will be a deserter, i will escape and hide somewhere, because i dont want to fight against somebody that i don't even know..

And oohhh, i want to hear reason number one, well i suppose I've already heard it but.. oohh come on, if you tell me, i will tell you my 2 principal reasons for not having kids.. too (and none of them is about to Mordor)

Mrs Bitter said...

Okay so it was time to let go of Mordor, though it seems we managed to talk about it once again. I like your thoughts on deserting, maybe if everyone deserted there would never be wars.

My first reason for not having children is...
I'm sorry you'll have to wait, I promise that one day I'll post about it. Maybe I day when I feel sadder and need my blog to act as a therapist. Because for now, it's on with the fun show (también llamado festival del humor)!
But please... could you tell me your reasons???

Mrs Bitter said...

Okay so it was time to let go of Mordor, though it seems we managed to talk about it once again. I like your thoughts on deserting, maybe if everyone deserted there would never be wars.

My first reason for not having children is...
I'm sorry you'll have to wait, I promise that one day I'll post about it. Maybe I day when I feel sadder and need my blog to act as a therapist. Because for now, it's on with the fun show (también llamado festival del humor)!
But please... could you tell me your reasons???

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

I can tell you, remind me when we meet.
And when you feel sadder, you always can count on me as a therapist, or as a pillow, or as a boxing bag, or whatever you want..