Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The World is a Vampire

Today’s title has nothing to do with the entry, my ipod shuffled this song half an hour ago and I get into the mood of writing something of the vampire-y sort. It’s just a short story that I hope you enjoy. And remember to go listen to the Smashing Pumpkins, the song is really epic




I kept walking remembering the words of Annie; yes I should have taken a cab. But I love to walk and the night was so great, anyway walking two blocks didn’t seem such a big deal before. I kept walking regretting my stupid decision, images of the thousand slasher movies I had seen running through my mind.

I wasn’t walking anymore, I was rushing to the streets, I can be quite paranoid when I want to, tonight being one of this nights. In truthfulness the streets were packed with people, ablaze with the lights coming from the lampposts scattered all around. I just had a really bad feeling. So I kept walking, no, no, scratch that, we’ve established before that I was rushing like mad.

I was dreading the moment approaching my building, when I chose my flat I was thinking about something very romantic, with nice views overlooking a park. Well I got exactly what I wanted but the damn park was always deserted after midnight. I was already fumbling with my keys when something made me stop, I could almost hear the sound of my heels scratching on the pavement (why I feel the need to wear those demonic shoes is a bigger mystery than the Loch Ness monster). I could hear a sound coming from behind me, a low hissing sound. By now my body was screaming run but my feet refused to move.

You see, I have always loved fear. It’s a sensation like no other one; it makes you feel alive as it rushes through your veins, so instead of running to my door and safely enclose myself in my kitchen cupboard I turned around and decided to investigate the cause of the strange sound. Some will call me fearless or brave; I like to call myself a very stupid idiot.

I was pondering all this while trying to find something to use if I needed to defend myself, the only damn thing hardly useful were my keys. Well, I had seen Jason Statham killing with a necktie in a film, so I was clearly the winner with my dangling keys on my Hello Kitty keychain.

I entered the alley behind my building with my keys in my hand, determined to rid of the world of the undoubtedly evil creature that lurked in the shadows when I saw that there was no one in the damn narrow street. Very confused I scanned the street looked even in the trash cans to see that I was completely alone. Feeling sheepish and a tad disappointed I retreated to my building.

The last thing I remember is that my feet weren’t touching the ground and the sound of my keys falling to the floor.

So next time your in a situation like me try to remember two things: look up, you never now what floats above your head and try not to forget that Vampires can fly.

1 comment:

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

He he, great one!

I was thinking all the time.. story of vampires? and where's the vampire? now I know :)