Friday, January 8, 2010

Let it Snow



I was so sure that Global Warming was something the governments told us so we would not pry in other things, like money spend on wars or the salaries of the congressmen. Everything shattered this morning. I was finishing my make up (yeah! I know, it’s kind of frivolous but it’s what most women do before going to work) when I received a call from my husband, he told me to look outside. Well, I was really surprised to see that it was snowing, really snowing, the snow was even settling! This might not be the first time it has snowed in my country or in my region of the country but it’s pretty unusual. We live at sea level so for us is like snow in L.A for an American.


It’s evident that something is wrong with the weather, it’s like autumn and spring are disappearing and we’re left with hot-as-hell summers and cold –like- in- Siberia winters. I really I’m no scientist so I cannot make any kind of statement about the CO2 levels and such but I think is really important that we start to try and modify some of our behaviors that are endangering the world that surrounds us and in which we live in.

We shouldn’t be as arrogant as to think that nothing can destroy us because it seems to me we are doing a great job of ruining our own species by ourselves.

So yes, Mr. Cute Engineer, shoot me if you want to, from now on I’m a believer.

3 comments:

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

But this is not global warming. Maybe the weather is changing, but not the way they say.
I'm not going to believe to a failed politician.

Mrs Bitter said...

Don't get me wrong, I think you're too obssessed in your Al Gore hatred (which I share with you). I really do think the weather is changign I think the name, wether they want to call it global warming or Tomato sauce, is not the important thing here. What really is important is that we start to realize that there are that can be done to prevent the damage we are doing to earth.
Just because he has anointed himself saviour of the world and spokesman of the climate change does not mean that the event isn't happening. What I think is trully reprehensible is the popularityhe's gainig by exploiting it.

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

But here the name in important, all the measures about CO2, the useless Copenhagen reunions, and these things are all about the increasing temperatures on Earth, the only climate change they have in mind is global warming and greenhouse effect.