Thursday, January 7, 2010

Simpathy for The Devil



If you could choose to be any monster, who would you be?


Would you be the vampire? Would you be the one who lurks in the shadows awaiting your chance to jump a stranger in a dark corner and suck him dry? Would you be the one who is condemned to live forever alone? Would you like to spend your days sleeping in some infectious hole just so the light can’t hurt you? Would you resist the passing of time while you remain the same?

Would you rather be the witch? The one who is prosecuted by every one just because her beliefs are different? The one who was born with this incredible powers, the powers she wants to use to help the people around her? The same people who shun her and force her to be vindictive and cruel.

Maybe you’ll like to be like the monster of Frankenstein? Made of pieces, ugly, disfigured. Causing the people either to laugh at your strange appearance or shuddering of fear. Would you appreciate being left behind by your maker when he understands the wrongness of playing god?

Some of you would prefer to be the zombie. The one who is awakened against their wishes, perpetually surrounded by the stench of your own flesh rotting, being possessed by a never ending hunger. Not being able to control your own mind.

So who would you like to be? Fell free to comment on your preferences, I find myself unable to choose because I find the existence of monsters quite depressing frankly, always in the sidelines being miserable, always the villains never the heroes. They’re surrounded by darkness and mysticism. Dark and tortured souls, like me, need them to remind ourselves that the ones who created them have even sicker imagination than us.



Long life to the monsters, may I never become one of them.

2 comments:

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

I was thinking some days, and I choose the witch.. everyone is going to prosecute you if you are different, or you think different or seem different, but at least you have magic powers.

Attending at your descriptions seems that is easy to be a monster..

Mrs Bitter said...

I think it's never easy to be a monster, but I deem it wise to remember that even the life of a monster can have some rewarding things. Anyway I don't think I'd love to be hated and prosecuted by anyone. So I'll stay in this mortal world or as long as I can.So vampires of the world if you want to turn me, stay the hell away from me.