Thursday, January 14, 2010

She Walks in Beauty Like the Night



It’s been a few days since the last time I wrote, in those few days I had time to crash my car (don’t worry it was not that serious), turn 31 (Monday was my birthday), taking over the world and discovering AIDS vaccine. Well, maybe the last two things were done only in my mind or in my dreams; I’m not quite sure…


So the weather has been kind of bad lately, bad as in Snowing at sea level, raining quite a bit and today there’s this wind that seems intent in vanishing everyone who dares to walk on earth. It’s because of that that I found myself feeling a bit melancholic. Feeling like that for me equals feeling romantic which gets me to let my overactive imagination run free. But I guess that’s just me!!

Today I have a question for you, if you could choose a different Era to live which would it be?

I’m torn between the Regency Period and the world depicted in L.K. Hamilton books (have you never read one of Anita Blake stories?).

I’m an avid reader with a certain fondness for English Literature, so as you can imagine I have read all Jane Austen’s novels, I’m in love with the Brontë sisters. I had chills with The Mysteries of Udolpho and I have been enthralled with Keats verses. I could go on forever, Polidori, Sir Walter Scott, Lord Byron, Percy Bysshe Shelley,the great Charles Dickens… I just tell you this so the next statement comes as no surprise. I married my own Mr.Darcy with slight touches of a certain Colonel Brandon (my husband is loyal to no end). How I wish I could live in England in the regency period with those muslin dresses and going to those assembly’s, of course I would be poor and had to work to support my family but I would live a great love story that of course would end in tragedy (the only think I don’t like about Austen’s novels is that every thing works out in the end, I’m a sucker for tragedy, I so love to cry).

And what’s that to do with L.K.Hamilton, you’ll ask? Well, nothing really. It’s that, though I read almost everything that gets in my hands, I love fantasy and fiction novels. One day, in a Spanish web page, I stumbled upon a review from the first book for the Anita Blake series and now I’m stuck in it. How I love the sensuality in which the author depicts the relationships between humans and monsters. How I wish I would meet a Jean Claude, sly and cunning (if he was 9in Hogwarts he would be a Slytherin without any doubt) who would sweep me out of my feet for his own convenience and wouldn’t it be grand to be in a threesome with a werewolf?

So this is who I am the eternal dreamer, the one who gets lost in her books, does it seem you strange that I can’t go a day without reading (or listening music)? Do you find silly that I like to fantasize about the things I read (or listen)? Sometimes I think that instead of writing a blog I should be working on fanfiction, but that’s just not who I am. I prefer to let the rest write so I can concentrate on imagining.

I strongly encourage you to check any of those writers I have mentioned, You won’t be disappointed. Reading never disappoints.

1 comment:

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

I'd like to live in the near future, in the zombie era.. can be nice