Monday, January 4, 2010

Shame on you


Okay, I guess I should be wishing you a Happy New Year and all that crap this being my first post of the year and all. I just hope that you consider yourselves lucky for having the privilege of having spent the holidays with the ones you love.
I know of four Greenpeace activists that didn’t have the chance to spend the holidays with their families. And, for what? Just for crashing a party. So the ones who know me (my friends and family) know that I’m not one for public demonstrations of any kind, being that way makes me very critic with some of the actions of Greenpeace in the past, but this time their only crime was… Wait a minute! There was no crime they just crashed the Heads of State dinner with a banner that read “Politicians Talk, Leaders Act”. For this stunt they have been imprisoned till January the 7th without possibility of bail or trial.
If any one should be punished I guess it would have to be the security of the event, you really did a crappy job friends!
So that’s the state of things in the World, you are imprisoned for showing your ideals (even if you do it with the utmost respect), you get scanned and x-rayed in every airport possible (even if that’s not really legal), you get thrown into jail 48 hours just because police can do it and of course in some countries you get silenced forever if you utter a single word against the established government.
No wonder we have no respect for nature or animals, we can’t even respect other people’s points of view!
It’s been no fun talking about this subject, because I don’t see any solution, things are going to get worse unless we take some kind of action, and if we did it wouldn’t be nice to see. This my friends is the seeds for WWIII we’re planting, don’t say we were never warned.

3 comments:

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

All about Copenhagen was a complete disaster.
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm agree with Greenpeace, politicians talk, only talk..

Great new profile photo! like it.

Mrs Bitter said...

Do you like it??!! It took at least three or four takes to make it right!! Just so you know it I'm starting another blog. I'll tell you all about it later!

Mr. Cute Engineer said...

I've seen it this morning.
I'm fan of the new blog, twice..