Wednesday, October 21, 2009

False Memory


Last night I arrived home at 2.00pm and I was very tired but I couldn't close my eyes, so I started counting books (yeah I know other people count sheeps but books are more fun if you have a library like mine), so it was the turn of Dean Koontz' books. I was trying to remember each book I own from him (titles and if they were paperback or hardback) when my memory stumbled in a title that got me thinking about mind control. If you haven't read the book I advise you to stop reading tough I'm not going to do spoilers per se when I start rambling about the topic I'm going to spoil it for you, anyway you're advised now do as you please.
I read the book like 7 seven years ago or so; the first thing that caught my attention is how easy the human being could be manipulated. How many people do you know that have a phobia that needs shrink treatment? Probably a ton, and how easy would be for said shrink if he were to hipnotize you to put some strange ideas in your mind? Well I guess I'm being pretty paranoid but just humour me.
And what about commercials, every time I see one on the tv it frustrates me to no end the impression I get that publicists think that human population is stupid, but don't this advertisings work for the majority of said population? Aren't they telling us what to do, were to eat, what to wear? Do they really believe I think the cows from the MacDonald commercial are happily gallivanting in the countryside before they serve it to us (that has nothing to do with me being a vegetarian).
As scary as it would be that my shrink (I really don't have one but for the sake of this argument I'm going to invent one), poked in my subconcious and ordered me to kill someone that would be an isolated incident, what it is really scary (at least in my point of view) is the manipulation that we are subjected by mass media, isn't it another kind of mind control?

No comments: