Friday, October 2, 2009

On A Friday





Today is the day where I leave my caustic remarks about life in general to tell you about one of my pasions. Manga, Anime and everything that relates to Japanese culture.


It all started when I was 17, and this cute, nice shop opened where I lived back then. We used to go every Saturday to buy comics, then we get together in one of my friends garage and read our purchases and do a little of roleplay. Since then I'm hooked on Manga. My favorites are Josei(aka redikomi), wich is dedicated to adult women and revolves around women, their goals in life, love, etc. I also love shôjo, this one usually revolves around romance; and then I also love Yaoi; this one is maybe the most controversial (at least here in my country) because it's female oriented, usually written by female mangakas (which means cartoonist) and it depicts homoerotic or homoromantic relationships, this genre is also know as Boy's Love (or BL). Well as you can image it is really easy to infer that since I'm into Yaoi I'm into slash Fanfiction (so please no flames here,since I try to respect everyone I would like the same courtesy).


You must be asking yourselves why I'm doing this class about manga today; well there's this thing this weekend that's called Salón Del Manga Valencia ( aka Manga Convention), it really is tiny but is very nearby so, of course, we're going.


It's going to be so much fun I can hardly wait, they'll have plenty of activities and there's going to be cosplay (costume roleplay) which I dearly love to see and in which I long to participate every year but I'm to busy (ok you caught me, I'm to lazy) to make myself a costume.


I'm going to enjoy especially the Lolita in Wonderland stand (check them here), and the stand of an Spanish author who does Yaoi among other things(check her work in here), this last one I dicovered her in the past edition of this show (6 months ago), since then I'm a big fan.


I'm going to try and take some pictures and post them on Monday.


Here comes the weekend!! and I couldn't be more excited, though mi Crash Love is not here yet(sniff!!).



See you on Monday! And Ihope you have a nice weekend too!

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Anime sounds like an awesome hobby. Have a great weekend!

By the way, your English is incredibly good. I didn't even realise it was your second language.

Mrs Bitter said...

In fact english is not my second language; my second language is french, but I really love to talk and to express myself so I kind of made my goal to learn your language, hence the english blog.
See you!