Thursday, October 1, 2009

Flash Flash, Car Crash

So I'm having trouble sleeping.
Yesterday was my third wedding anniversary and my husband (I love to call him my Uruk hai) took me (under death threat) to a vegetarian restaurant downtown Valencia (which by the way looks like hell come to earth because the main streets are being repared with European money I assume); anyways when we came home I was so buzzed it was nearly impossible to sleep. When I finally fell into slumber I was rouhgly waken up by my dog snoring (did I mention that we have two dogs?). So out of despair I just went to the living room to watch some tv (crappy tv by the way). Anyway, I'm talking nonsense; I just wanted you to fell half as exhausted as I was when I finally hopped into my car and start to make my way to my place of work.

So I was listening to Crash Love (no,no, it's not here yet, I finally cracked and downloaded it to make the waiting bearable) and when I was halfway trough the route, screccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh every one stopping. And then the time starts to pass, 3 spins of the cd later I realise people are start to looking at me as I sing along with the music (as if I was Davey Havok myself), then I decide to change to Placebo (ahhhh, my ashtray heart), 2 spins later I decide going out of the car to see what the f*** is going on (I think swaping to Placebo was not a good idea because apart from singing I started dancing too, receiving weirder looks if that is even possible).
Back on track, there´s this nice (first one for me) Guardia Civil (wich is some kind of Police force who depends from the military) that explains to me that there has been an accident and the route is closed and then we start talking about how strange people behave when they see an accident on the highway, a while later he receives a call and he tells me that the route has been reopened and I hop into my car.
Since then I'm just trying to understand what is that makes people so fascinated with death, when we passed the site of the crash everyone started to slow down to see the ambulances and the body in the street. Are we so depraved that we cannot look away and let people be even in the momet of their own deaths? What necessity do we have to look at the blood on the asphalt, is that disease who drags us to see to the movies to see films like Saw and watch reality shows that degrade the human being?
And when you start to think about that you begin to understand that the world we live in doesn't know a single thing about compassion; so we keep on eting animals and abandoning dogs come holidays, children continue to suffer abuse fron their loved ones (sigh) and we keep on with our lives until one day tragedy comes knocking to our door.
Well my friends, start trying to change the world a bit every day, start thinking about your actions and the repercussions they have in the world and how they make feel the others, stop reading this blog and go help your neighbour unload his groceries. Make something, anything! If everyone starts doing small things maybe the world may change a little, and maybe then I could sleep one entire night without waking in despair.

Love you all!

P:S:- my dear Mr. Postman I'm still waiting for you

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Feeling a bit sheepish at the moment - I'm not a vegetarian, and I love Saw. I shamefully admit that my humanitarian efforts are sub par, but I do believe that we're fascinated by death because questions like, "what does it feel like to die" will always remain a mystery. I do notice that when an ambulance goes by, there is a tendency to stop what we're doing and stare at it go by, but I believe that correlates more with the fascination of having drama in our mundane lives, than ambulance chasing intentions of sorts.

Mrs Bitter said...

Hi! thank you so much for being my first comment and for taking the time to read my ramblings. I just wanted to say to you that I agree mostly with what you say but anyhow I think it´s a bit gruesome wanting to have drama in your life. Trust me I know, drama is not a good thing.
I promise to check your blog, and maybe we can found an intercontinetal friendship of sorts.
Bye bye!!