Thursday, October 29, 2009

Speak In Tongues


So it goes like this, yesterday I learned form twitter that Placebo were doing an unplugged show for a radio station in france, it was going to be streamed live in their web page. I emailed the page to my husband in order for him to have everything ready so I could watch Brian Molko and pals when I arrived home.

My husband, who loves me very much (though he has strange ways to show it) had everything ready, when I opened the door I could hear the supporting act Expatriate (they do sound nice) playing and the supper was on the table (mushroom and onion quiche, mmmm!!!). So we were having a very nice evening, but this is not the point today. The point is that whilst I was changing into my pj's I heard something that mesmerized me. I heard Brian Molko speaking french (which is not strange at all since he was born in Belgium and studied in Luxembourg for some time). He really speaked very good french, and I started ranting about how inteligent he must be to know so many languages and to be able to speak them so well. Then I started digressing how I think in our country (Spain) childs aren't encouraged enough to learn languages, most of the kids aren't able to say a sentence in English. A few rants later I realize my husband is looking at me quite strange, so I stopped talking and ask him what was funny about what I was saying. Then he smiles and tells me: "Honey, you speak three languages" and proceeds to explain to me that it is really entertaining seeing me so fired up about things that I even forget who I am.
Well, this is who I am, the girl who can be hipnotized by something and speak with envy and admiration about a thing she can do as well. For I can speak three languages (Spanish, French and English), and that is the fact about me I'm most proud of because I love being able to comunicate with whoever I choose too, and I really believe that all the troubles in this world would end if we could just comunicate with one another. And how great it is traveling to other countries and being able to ask for a Coke?, and how marvelous it is that you're following this blog just because I can write (not so good) in English and you're able to understand it, eventhough one of us is not from England or USA?

So I'm really proud to say that I'm an intelligent person because I know how important is in this world being able to express your feeling and beliefs.

Although I'm now thinking that Mr. Ungrateful (my dear brother-in-law) is getting married tomorrow to Mrs. German Bitch, the wedding is to take place in Germany and I don't know a word in German, well at least I know how to count to eleven and I know how to order water so, Germany here I come, I hope you guys speak English!!!

No comments: