Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tales Of A Scorched Earth


Anyone who has listened to this song from the Smashing Pumpkins can imagine what I'm going to talk about (If you never heard this song before I encourage to check it out, I love the Smashing Pumpkins); yes, I'm sure you'll say that I'm ancient or something but kids I can promise you that Tokyo Hotel is not the best rock you will ever hear, check back the "oldies" (sigh! I guess I'm an oldie too!).


I think I'm talking nonsense, and that is the result of my boredom. Every day is the exact same thing, waking up, coming to work, going home to have lunch, returning to work and then going home, dine, sleep, and repeat again until bored. It feels as if I'm trapped in the movie Groundhog Day ( a very funny movie) except I can never figure out what I'm doing wrong (and I'm not half as funny as Mr. Murray, quite the opposite in fact).


I'm here waiting, waiting for something life changing, for an adventure, a dream coming true. I would love to leave everything behind and travel, I really don't need that much money to live (I don't think anybody needs, but as we live in capitalism...). I would love to do some humanitarian work, I can see myself with my backpack and my camera. I can imagine myself changing the world, but the scary truth is that I'm terrified.


I believe the problems in the world would solve if we weren't such cowards ( and I, of course; include myself as number 1 coward of the month) if we we're brave enough to try and change the things we don't like, if we wouldn't care so much about what people think about us.


Meanwhile I reamin here dreaming but not enable to escape my life, lost and waiting to be found, to be heard and I'd die just to feel.


Maybe you're just like me, or maybe you're just content in your life. I dare you to try and change anything, I, at least, I'm going to practice what I preach. I will tell you how it goes.


Is that the post? Is it my AFI cd what she is carrying in her hands? Yes!! in a scale from one to ten, how lame is my week that this could be considered the highlight of it?


Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.





No comments: